Monday, September 23, 2013

Life of a Writer. 26. How to flog a book. 2 Family Secrets!

Yesterday, at WOTS (Word On The Street), I ran into Heaher Wood, another writer who is also part of my writing group, Moosemeat. We found a table and sat for a while in the sunshine, talking about what we had seen that afternoon, about what we were doing. Since Heather knows a lot about promotion, I asked her about it for my next book. It will be my third book, likely with a fall 2014 pub date.
     First she asked more about it and from our conversation asked, "Would you say it is about family secrets?"
     Ah, thank you, Heather. At last I have the short description for this novel. A jumping off point for conversation about it.
      Since the action happens before instant means of conversation and the secrets harken back to the 1950s and 1960s, it was a time when the kind of secrets the characters had were frequent. A hidden pregnancy, for instance. And the 1980s and onwards a time when many of them came to light. So it is in 'Would I Lie To You?' my upcoming novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment